We are looking for a WordPress Developer who’s got some real-world experience. They understand that while WordPress development isn't really rocket science, there is an art to doing it properly. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience.
Full time employee or 30 hr /week contractor.
Pay to be negotiated by skills and experience the prospective candidate brings. In addition, performance bonuses available based on per project performance and commissions paid on work brought in. Opportunities for profit-sharing available under certain conditions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-5+ years of experience of WordPress development, including HTML, CSS, PHP, and other necessary languages.
- 3-5+ years of experience with Adobe: PhotoShop, Illustrator
- Able to troubleshoot and fix broken sites.
- Domains and hosting-related knowledge would an asset.
- Divi experience a must. You understand when to use code and when to use Divi page builder for custom site development.
- Must have experience creating custom WordPress templates from scratch, creating custom page templates.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professional both orally and in writing.
- Must be a eligible to work in Canada, (unless a contractor.)
- Create high quality graphics and other design assets for WordPress sites.
- Create WP sites from scratch using Divi, Elementor, Oxygen or other builders as a foundation, and able to tailor the rest of the site to match mockups.
- Deploying and customizing premade WP templates.
- Upholding a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to optimize websites for search engines.
- Optimize WordPress sites for speed and size.
- Testing – Cross-browser and responsiveness.
- Managing sites within Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Provide insight, recommendations for improvements within client and internal projects.
- Troubleshoot client/internal issues as they arise.
- Working on internal projects.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re a fit, we’d love to hear why, and what you bring to the table. Please send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please ensure your cover letter draws specific attention to:
- Two WordPress websites where your work was development-specific and describe your role in the project.
- Two WordPress websites where you designed the theme.
- We’d love to know your biggest pet peeve with DIVI.
- Where do you go for inspiration when creating a website.