Ideal candidate either has a strong background in website design or WordPress development. This job description can be tailored to lean into and leverage the areas of skill the right individual has, and a plan can be made for what is remaining.
Full time, part time or contract. Negotiable.
Pay to be negotiated by skills and experience the prospective candidate brings. In addition, performance bonuses available based on per project performance and commissions paid on work brought in. Opportunities for profit-sharing available under certain conditions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of website design or development experience.
- A minimum of 2 years experience successfully managing web development projects and/or teams.
- Extensive knowledge of advancements and trends in web design.
- Exceptional ability to contribute creativity and innovation to web projects.
- Superb leadership, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- You must be able to communicate in an upbeat, friendly manner. You understand when to (metaphorically) hold somebody’s hand as well as when (and how) to be kind but firm.
- Must be 100% fluent in English.
- Must be a eligible to work in Canada, (unless a contractor.)
- Participate in (and eventually lead) the discovery portion of the project.
- Participate in (and eventually lead) in the strategy creation for the project.
- Participate in (and eventually lead) in conceptualizing the website design process and leading the build-out team.
- Communicating, working with and following up with clients as needed.
- Overseeing and collaborating with designers and evaluating mockups. Reviewing for quality, timeliness, and alignment with project strategy. Providing feedback to designers in an organized, clear and concise manner.
- Overseeing and collaborating with website buildout team. Reviewing for build quality, timeliness, and providing organized, clear and succinct feedback.
- Testing prototypes, as well as overseeing the live deployment of the product.
- Overseeing and collaborating with copywriter. Reviewing for quality, timeliness, and alignment with project strategy and providing organized, clear and concise feedback.
- Working with SEO team, to create respective strategy and carrying it out throughout various areas of projects, as required.
- Overseeing monthly website monitoring tasks.
- Creating and updating website development processes and procedure documents.
- Managing internal projects.
- Managing projects in PM software.
- Preparing project progress updates for owner and performing website demonstrations.
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in website design.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Ready to Apply?
Please send a resume and a cover letter outlining why you think you'd be a great addition to our team to email@example.com.