WordPress & Admin Support / Junior WordPress Developer
We’re looking for a person who is interested in doing more than just churning out websites all day. Somebody who understands that website development has many other facets in the bigger picture, and wants to be a part of the whole and not just one small part. To start, this job will likely be 75% support and 25% development.
This is a unique position that will offer a lot of self-guided on the job learning opportunities, so while you must have a solid foundation of knowledge, it’s not expected that you’ll know everything. The ideal candidate has 1-3 years of experience.
Position will start at halftime (4 hours a day, 5 days a week, Monday to Friday) and will likely grow to full time.
Pay to be negotiated by skills and experience the prospective candidate brings. In addition, performance bonuses available based on per project performance and commissions paid on work brought in. Opportunities for profit-sharing available under certain conditions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The successful candidate has:
- 1-3+ years of experience of WordPress development, including HTML, CSS.
- 1-3+ years of experience with Adobe: PhotoShop, Illustrator
- 1-3+ years Divi experience.
- Domains and hosting-related knowledge would an asset.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a friendly and professional—both orally and in writing.
- Fluent English is a must, with no heavy accent.
- Must be a eligible to work in Canada, (unless a contractor.)
- Help staff and clients with WordPress updates and troubleshooting.
- Managing care plan clients and related monthly tasks.
- Testing – Cross-browser and responsiveness.
- Help create or update WP sites from scratch using Divi, Elementor, Oxygen or other builders as a foundation, and able to tailor the rest of the site to match mockups.
- Upholding a high level of attention to detail and reviewing own work for accuracy.
- Able to optimize websites for search engines.
- Optimize WordPress sites for speed and size.
- Managing sites within Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Provide insight, recommendations for improvements within client and internal projects.
- Working on internal projects.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re a fit, we’d love to hear what makes you the best fit for this job. Why are you the best at what you do? Please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Kris T. Please ensure your cover letter draws specific attention to:
- Two Divi WordPress websites you created or was a part of the team and describe your role in the project.
- Describe a time you helped a client with a problem. How did you help?
- Tell me about your process for how you verify that your work is accurate before submitting for approval?
- Your preferred hourly rate.
Thank you so much for your interest. We’re really excited to have you join our team.