At HPX Media, our commitment to our customers is the foundation of what we stand for. The websites we create are not just websites, they are an investment that our clients have made in themselves and have entrusted us to carry out for them. We take that trust very seriously.
Front End / Graphic Designer
We are looking for an experienced front-end designer / graphic designer who’s steeped in real world experience. They understand that designing for the real world is not always neat and tidy and has found themselves painted into a corner a few times.
The ideal candidate has 5-10 years of experience. Perhaps they’re looking for some side income or maybe they’ve tried to run their own business but wants a stable income and would rather be fed work.
Part-time employee or sub-contractor. Could potentially turn full time.
- Develop wireframes, design mockups for website development projects with the ability to transition mockups into code.
- Use HTML and CSS to compliment WordPress & Divi site to create sites that match mockups.
- Deploying premade WordPress templates.
- Leveraging page builder tools to create compelling subpages while upholding a high-level of design.
- Optimize WordPress sites for speed and size
- Testing – Cross-browser and responsiveness
- Managing sites within Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Provide insight, recommendations for improvements within client and internal projects.
- Develop workflows around repetitive tasks.
- Troubleshoot client/internal issues as they arise.
- Create logos and supporting brand graphics
- Create print-ready materials, business cards, letterhead, rack cards, banners, etc. for print production.
- Working on internal projects
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5-10+ years experience of hand-coding HTML, CSS, PHP for WordPress.
- 5-10+ years experience with WordPress experience and custom themes.
- 5+ years of experience with Adobe: PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Advanced Custom Fields experience a bonus, as well as experience with Google Search Console.
- Must have experience creating a custom WordPress templates from scratch, creating custom page templates.
- Divi experience a must. You understand when to use code and when to use Divi page builder for custom site development.
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism, (though environment is generally casual.)
- Must be able toc ommunicate effectively and professional both orally and in writing.
- You can see the bigger picture. You understand our business has a vision and set of values. You will likely already embody our values—as we feel they’re just common sense—and that as a part of this team, these values will act as a guide for how we interact with clients and deliver projects.
- You’re hungry. This isn’t just a job, or a career, it’s a passion. It’s not just a punch clock and a paycheque. You have a desire to do more in your job, be better in your career.
- You’re genuinely interested in clients’ success and have a desire to see them succeed.
- You’re receptive to feedback and can work collaboratively; design is often a team sport.
- You’re punctual and proactive in your attendance, correspondence.
- You have uncommonly strong attention to detail—and it’s not just a bullet point on the resume.
- You understand the value of a strong reputation as well as cultivating long-term relationships, be it clients, vendors, co-workers.
- You understand that you get out of things what you put into them, be it your career or relationships.
- You’re excited at the prospect of wearing different tasks, taking on new challenges and broadening your scope of knowledge.
- Work consciously, checking for errors, reviewing work before submission.
- You want to be a part of something meaningful that has the potential to grow into a full-time job or for the right individual, partnership opportunities.
Pay to be negotiated by skills and experience the prospective client brings. In addition, performance bonuses available based on per project performance.
Contact us for more details, or check back soon for an updated posting.